Sunday, August 23, 2009

Furlough Friday No. 3 and No. 4

As I share this last entry with you, I want point out that the title is "Furlough Friday No. 3 and No. 4"

And the reason why the last two Furlough Friday blog entries are combined into this one is what I want to discuss.

Time.

I seem to be running out of time.

My work week is now four days long instead of five.

My weekend is now three days long instead of two.

And I'm running out of time.

My work weeks have been blazing by so fast, I can't remember what I'm doing sometimes.

And my weekends are going by so quickly that it feels like I'm not getting to do some of the things I told myself I wanted to do when the furloughs started.

To be honest, I can't even remember what those things were.

Let's get a quick recap of the last 4 furloughs (as best as I can remember as I type this).

Furlough 1 was the nicest. A nice morning, a gentle afternoon and dinner with my family.

Furlough 2 was pretty busy. That Friday, we drove into town and picked up Samarah's birth certificate.

No. 2 was also busy because a few of us from H2O were getting ready for a special service at our church that Sunday night.

That Sunday morning was pretty extraordinary in that I was asked to minister at New Destiny Church in Phoenix after their pastor got sick. Pretty last minute, but God is awesome and I was able to help out.

Furlough 3 may have been the most interesting because that Friday night, as Susie and I were eating dinner at BJ's restaurant, we saw Tara from the last season of The Biggest Loser. We said Hi real quick as we were leaving, told her we were rooting for her the whole time. She said thanks, she appreciates it, and that was that. Pretty cool for us, 'cause we liked that show, and Tara was a fun contestant to cheer on. Tara didn't win. Oh well.

Furlough 4 was busy again because we were going to a concert in Phx. with H2O. Downcast Fable, Uprise, and I am Empire all performed in a crowded church. We had a blast.

And so now, as I type this, it is technically Monday morning.

My last load of laundry is in the dryer, but I'm not waiting for it.

No, I need to go to sleep so I can hopefully (but doubtfully) go to work a little early.

I have so much to do and so little time to do it in.

Time.

It's what I should have more of, thanks to the furloughs.

But it's also what I seem to be running out of.

So if I seem rushed this week, please be patient with me.

I'm just trying to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment