Sunday, August 16, 2009

Furlough Friday No. 2

So this last Friday was Furlough Friday no. 2.

Let me try to remember for a second what I did that Friday ...

Okay, I remember:

This whole weekend we were getting ready for a worship service on Sunday night at our church.

Our youth group, H2O (here), had been practicing all week and we had just a few more days before Sunday to make sure our songs, three of them, sounded as good as they could.

So Friday morning, I had the afternoon already planned out.

But the morning wasn't over yet, so we had some morning things to get out of the way.

Susie and I hadn't picked up Samarah's birth certificate yet, so that was something we wanted to do.

We drove into town and visited the Office of Vital Records.

What a name, right?

The name itself reminds me of an episode of the X-Files when Scully and Mulder break into this building out in the middle of nowhere and inside are a bunch of file cabinets with names of people who have been experimented on in one way or the other.

Scully's name is on one of the folders and it turns out she's been worked on. Doh!

Anyways, we walk into this building and ... it's like the DMV in there! There are a ton of people waiting in line and in chairs with numbers waiting to be called.

My first reaction was, "Boy, am I glad I brought this book."
(Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis)

But actually, it didn't take that long for them to call our number (492) and give us Samarah's birth certificate. We were out of there in less than half an hour or so!

That afternoon, before our last full practice with the band, we took everyone out to P.F. Chang's for dinner.

That was pretty nice, we all had a good time.

Practice went well, we were done by 8:30.

And that was pretty much my second Furlough Friday.

In case you're wondering, Sunday night went well.

I'll try and post some pics on Facebook.

I hope your weekend was as well as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment