Monday, September 14, 2009

Furlough Friday No. 6 ::: Furlough Interrupted

Furlough no. 6 was pretty different than the others in that it was on a Thursday instead of a Friday.

A friend at work need to swap days so she could do some wedding planning stuff, so I took Thursday off and went in on Friday.

And what a Thursday it was!

Personally, I thought it was the best Furlough yet!

Around 8am, I received a call from my boss letting me know that there was no power at the building, courtesy of some crazy person crashing into one of the utility boxes on the back corner of the property.

Right away he remembered that I wasn't coming in, so he said not to worry about it.

And I didn't :-)

To be honest, I went back to sleep for another couple of hours.

When I woke up around 10am, I brushed my teeth, went downstairs and started the grill.

We cooked some carne asada (or "skirt steak" for my lighter friends) and it was awesome!

Susie made some beans and rice, and the meal was on!

Why does food cooked at home taste so much better than anywhere else?

Anyways, while I was at home enjoying the best meal ever, my coworkers were busy trying to get a paper out.

Oh the joys of working. When you're not working. :-)

I may have to take more Thursdays off!

No comments:

Post a Comment